2.7.05

Pray like you never prayed before

What's it like to pray until drops of blood drip down your forehead? I would never understand that nor experience it. Jesus was agonising whether to take the cup of suffering, till He said that this was to be the will of His Father. Back of His mind, I believe He never doubted that He would have to shoulder the sins of the world. I thank God for that immensed responsibility, that cup of suffering that Jesus would have to bear it alone. Simple deal, that if Jesus didn't walked that road, we would all be done in by our sins. Lord Jesus, I thank You for the suffering you carried for me. You died that I might have eternal life, and that I may truly know that You're the Son of God. Lord, it's time for me to take that place, to pray until drops of blood drip down my forehead, for I will never know how much you love me until You said, "Father, not My will, but Yours be done." As in this season of 40 days of prayer and fasting, let us all stand in the gap, pray like we never prayed before, for we are made for such a time like this!

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Amen!
Uncle James, let us stand in the gap to pray. Pray like never before, not just to see the wonder of God works but to understand that we are all born for such a time as this. :)