3.7.05

I Felt Like A Punching Bag For Others

Recently, I've been in lots of thoughts about being a effective people developer. Our church has always been lacking in this area. We are not affirming enough of our church members to stretch and develop their spiritual gifts. I'm guilty of it myself too! With so many things to do within so little time, I beginning to doubt if I'm ever a effective leader.
There has been quite a few things that has happened that is affecting my thought patterns and outlook in life. Sometimes it is worth mentioning, but many times worrying to spill out. But there is one niggling factor that has shakened my confidence in handling people, my inability to influence life. Sad to say I'm a bit perturbed and discouraged that we have not arrived what we set forth to do. So much talk but so little actions. Sometimes, I just felt like a punching bag, ready to be used for some people's woes and problems. Maybe it has to do with my character, or just plain ignorance. I've failed to observe trends and anticipate potential hiccups. Whatever it is, I guess the biggest problem could be attributed to one thing, the lack of communications with my charges. We talk about being transparent to one another, but I've get a feeling that we are just having a piece of one way mirror over our face, you can see others, but people can't see you.
You know the end result of being a punching bag? All woes, anger, frustrations and discouragement are deposited on you. And that is what I'm feeling now.

No comments: