18.4.08

Choose To Obey, Not Simply Choose

I have been reading Walt Mueller's book on "Engaging The Soul Of Youth Culture." It is simply a book that speaks of what kind of young people we have in our midst and how we can win them over. Many of us have found it difficult to engage our youths for a simple reason that we are not hearing them enough, or that we choose not to entertain their "nonsense."
Many a times, I hear this statement saying that young people choose to believe in "what I like" or what "feels good to me." I'm not sure if you agree with me on this, but as what Ravi Zacharias said about our postmodern young generation is that they "hears with its eyes and thinks with its feelings." Yes, the world has rejected modernism's rationality and reason. Today, the intellect is replaced by the will. Reason is replaced by emotions. The way that we now know what we know is not through observation and scientific inquiry. In a postmodern world, emotions are the final judge of what makes something good, true and right. Left and right, people would label such and such as "Emo" makes me think that it is a cliche rather than a deep conviction of who that person is.
But I know that God has made us as people who are capable of choosing to obey Him rather than simply choosing what I feel is right or wrong with our emotions being stirred up.
Remember, men may have the facts of the matter, but God has the last say in whatever we do. Yes, choose God for He knows who you are deeply and is intimately acquainted with you(Psalm 139).

No comments: