6.10.05

What's with you lately?

Me, myself and I. The centrality of me versus the world. What absolute rubbish! Lately, I've been hit with this 'Me' mentality. Sad to say, sometimes we succumbed to it too often that we don't see the pitfalls of mankind. It is the 'me first and the rest later' syndrome that is a bit too hard to swallow.
Jesus said that we if we want to be first, the we will shall be last. What's that, you may ask. You see, the kingdom of heaven is such that whoever wants to be great and first in the kingdom of heaven must serve others and thus become last for the sake of others. There is no room for egos display and the carnal trinity, Me, Myself and I. Jesus said that we need to humble ourselves before Him. And whatever self that we have, we are to crucify that flesh and come broken and contrite before Him. Simple said then done, but then it takes a lot for us to lay down whatever we don't want to give up.
So what's with you lately? Full of yourself or do you want to empty yourself and come before God to say, "Lord, I'm nothing without You."

No comments: